Whispers

    follow me on Twitter

    28.9.08

    Your (first) life is how you script it

    Dear Blog,

    I'm sorry for "neglecting" you for a while, even though I know you don't see it that way. You know what your purpose is, and you are patient with me, and I appreciate that to no end. You don't mind the time I've been spending with http://ourfeaturepresentation.blogpsot.com - you understand its place and yours. I entrust to you, "Dinosaur Eats Man," the most essential and unique bits of who I just might be. There is no other place for them.

    Thank you for being the window between wherever it is inside me these thoughts are born and the rest of the world... that is, the portion that gets on the internet thereof.

    You're going to help people, because you're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you!

    Your author,
    Joseph

    -----

    Dear Reader,

    Thank you for taking the time to filter through my inwardly directed musings to find your place here. Sunday, September 28, 2008 reads my computer calendar. 12:57 PM to the minute. Personally, it is hard to believe that October is so nearly here. Midterm grades, project presentations, 5+ and 0 Alabama football games, a Halloween carnival, and more? Did I leave out the bears? Oh my.

    My days are full of Boolean algebra and essential prime implicants. Of cheddar and potato chowder and Caesar salads. Of capacitance and resistivity.
    Neuer Wein und Zwiebelkuchen and adjective endings. Tests for linear independence and Gauss-Jordan elimination. Boardroom meetings and Second Life. What about my first life? Is that what all these things make up, really? Or do they just fill the gaps between every bit of my real life? I don't see how. I don't imagine there are gaps.

    I imagine this is who I am on any given day... I am perfectly fine with that. I have my friends, my love, my thoughts, my imaginings, and my video games even, but I'm a student, growing, trying to get somewhere, and I am perfectly fine with reaffirming that fact every day. I am lucky, because nowadays, nowadours, nowadweeks, I seem to find myself perfectly fine with a lot of things.

    And that's fine by me.

    Apparently, I ought to co-op with a company in my probable career field sometime in my undergraduate course. Who knew? I don't think it makes much sense to stress too much about it now, not this semester. For one, I am in no position to worry about anything but grades. It makes more sense to think of co-oping right before a summer, but... do they have interview day in the spring? I don't believe so. I'm sorry to ask you so many rhetorical questions, reader. I will surely find all the answers soon enough.

    More than apparently, there is next to nothing stopping me from studying abroad sometime in my undergraduate course. I'll admit, being this... well, lucky? Privileged? It nearly makes it feel like a responsibility. And what a lovely prospect... a semester or a summer in Germany. It is really hard to imagine, but I imagine when the time comes, I will be but a few well-placed steps from making it happen. What a world, and what a world could I come to know.

    I hope you enjoyed this "update" on your reluctantly nimble author on hand. You can feel certain that I enjoyed it. It feels good.

    Don't be a stranger. And don't miss "Our Feature Presentation." I would call it a lot more modular than "Dinosaur Eats Man," albeit perhaps less... in-depth? But no...oh heck, go read for yourself.

    Cheers,
    Joseph

    -----

    Dear Life,

    Keep up with the unpredictability. I am enjoying it. Keep putting that soreness into my legs and arms the day after I visit the rec. center. It reminds me that you are there. Keep up with the unpredictability... but don't change the color of plain white light bulbs: that soft, orange glow. I need that. Keep up with the unpredictability, but don't change the way I puzzle myself every time I see myself in the mirror.

    Be careful,
    Joseph

    No comments: